This webinar provides an overview of why school food procurement is key to changing the nutritional quality of school meals. Presenters highlight schools’ practices of procuring food for federally-funded school meal programs, the legal requirements schools must follow when procuring food, and schools’ opportunities to leverage procurement practices for the improvement of school nutrition.
- Susan Bishop, Great Trays Access Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Health
- Jessica Donze Black, Project Director, Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project, Pew Health Group
- Mary Marrow, Staff Attorney, Public Health Law Center
- Jennifer Pelletier, Research Assistant, Public Health Law Center
- Jean Ronnei, Food Service Director, St. Paul Public Schools
Moderator: Susan Bishop, Great Trays Access Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Health
Sponsored by The American Heart Association and the Public Health Law Center