This webinar provides an overview of why school food procurement is key to changing the nutritional quality of school meals. Presenters highlight schools’ practices of procuring food for federally-funded school meal programs, the legal requirements schools must follow when procuring food, and schools’ opportunities to leverage procurement practices for the improvement of school nutrition. Sponsored by The American Heart Association and the Public Health Law Center.
This webinar has already occurred. Please use the resources below:
- Susan Bishop, Great Trays Access Coordinator, Minnesota Department of Health
- Jessica Donze Black, Project Director, Kids' Safe and Healthful Foods Project, Pew Health Group
- Mary Marrow, Staff Attorney, Public Health Law Center
- Jennifer Pelletier, Research Assistant, Public Health Law Center
- Jean Ronnei, Food Service Director, St. Paul Public Schools