Wednesday, February 29, 2012
This webinar covers:
- Baseline studies conducted in Minnesota and Massachusetts that assessed the secondhand smoke problem, the percentage of buildings with no-smoking policies, residents’ opinions, market demand for smoke-free policies, and experience with policy implementation.
- Results of legal research on options available to owner-occupants and homeowners’ associations.
- Public policy approaches to reducing exposure
- Strategies for working with trade associations for community association managers and board members and the attorneys who serve them.
- Warren Ortland, JD, Public Health Law Center, William Mitchell College of Law, Minnesota
- Christopher N. Banthin, Esq., Public Health Advocacy Institute, Northeastern University School of Law, Massachusetts
- Theresa Cross, RD, MS, Clark County Public Health, Vancouver, Washington
- Diane Laughter, MPH, Health In Sight LLC for the Oregon Smokefree Housing Project, funded by the Oregon Health Authority
Download the slides here: