This webinar provides an overview of the science behind obesity and chronic disease, and explains why growing numbers of hospitals are taking steps to reduce sugary drink consumption and other healthy eating strategies within their facilities. It provides information about strategies and tools, drawing on examples from hospitals around the country as well as highlighting work in Minnesota. Health care facilities play an important role in promoting health, both as medical providers and as thought-leaders within communities. In this capacity, hospitals are at the vanguard in implementing strategies to promote healthy eating by patients, staff, and families. Sponsored by the MN Cancer Alliance in partnership with the Public Health Law Center.
This webinar has already occurred. Please use the resources below:
- Warren Larson, Vice-Chair of the Minnesota Cancer Alliance Steering Committee
- Nancy Beery, Pediatrician
- Jamie Harvie, Executive Director of the Institute for a Sustainable Future and Commons Health Care Network
- Stacia Clinton, Healthy Food in Health Care Coordinator for Health Care Without Harm
- Julie Ralston Aoki, Staff Attorney for the Public Health Law Center